Friday 15 September 2023

Cicadas

I was walking along on a warm sunny day, when I heard cicadas buzzing. As I neared a tree, the sound suddenly stopped. I guessed that the cicada must be somewhere on the tree. Out of curiosity, I stopped and searched the tree for the cicada. I found it. Here it is.
It was reported that there are 3,000 or so species of cicadas and each has a distinct sound. Apparently only the male cicadas buzz and this is to establish territory and attract females, and also maybe to deter predators. Cicadas buzz loudly and it can be annoying. But there is nothing one can do about it. One can only hope that they will stop buzzing after a while.
If you are interested to know more about Cicadas, you can have a look πŸ‘‰ Source

Click on the photo to see the bigger picture.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - πŸ‘‰ HERE

No comments: