Monday 4 September 2023

Paraprosdokians

Some humour is straight forward. You see, or hear them, and you burst out laughing. Others are more subtle. You need a second or two, to see the humour in them.

Paraprosdokians are an example, the punch line is dropped a second or two later, giving what was said an entirely different meaning, wherein lies the humour. You will notice a lot of these in comedy shows. Stand-Up comedians use them a lot to get the laughs too.

Enjoy this selection of paraprosdokians. They are funny, but at the same time, there is some truth in them. May your week ahead be filled with laughter.

Money doesn’t always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars. - Hobart Brown

If you like someone, set them free. If they come back, it means nobody liked them. Set them free again. - Unknown

I was going to change my shirt, but I changed my mind instead. - Alan Alexander

Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice. - Unknown

Pleasing everyone is impossible. Infuriating them is easier and far more amusing. - Unknown

Listen to your heart. Even though it’s on the left side, it’s always right. - Unknown

Alcohol is never the answer. But it can make you forget the question. - Unknown

Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure. - Earl Wilson

If one tells the truth, one is sure, sooner or later to be found out. - Oscar Wilde

Those are my principles, and if you don’t like them... well, I have others. - Groucho Marx

I’ve been doing a lot of abstract painting lately, extremely abstract. No brush, no paint, no canvas, I just think about it. - Steven Wright

Superstition is foolish, childish, primitive and irrational – but how much does it cost you to knock on wood? - Unknown

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - πŸ‘‰ HERE

No comments: