Saturday 30 September 2023

Mid-Autumn Festival At Gardens By The Bay

An installation in the Dragonfly Lake.

I went to the Gardens by the Bay to have a look at the lanterns a couple of nights ago. It was still light when I arrived. So, I had a stroll in the gardens, took some pictures and went to have something to eat. By the time I finished dinner, the sky was already dark. The lanterns were lit and there was already a crowd.

The Gardens by the Bay is one of three places that put in a lot of effort for the Mid-Autumn Festival celebration. There are cultural performances, activities, carnival games and delicious treats from the food street stalls.

In the evenings, people go to the gardens to – as the website said, “capture beautiful memories with family and friends as they wander along picturesque paths lined with colourful lanterns inspired by Chinese mythology, legends and cultures depicting reunion, fate and affinity.”

Here are some photos of the lanterns and decorations. These were before the lights came on.

The Colonnade of Lights – a vibrant showcase of some 1,000 beautiful paper lanterns created by the community.

Carnival games and rides.
Food street – something to stave off the hunger pangs or quench your thirst.
The moon gate – a distinctive element in traditional Chinese landscape architecture.
I will post the photos of the evening in my next post – tomorrow.

Click on the photo to see the bigger picture.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - πŸ‘‰ HERE

No comments: