Monday 6 November 2023

Paraprosdokians

“A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part. It is frequently used for humorous or dramatic effect, sometimes producing an anti-climax. For this reason, it is extremely popular among comedians and satirists.” - Wikipedia
If you serve your kids frozen pizza or chicken nuggets for dinner, you are a terrible parent… I don’t care how busy you are, find the time to microwave them. - Unknown

Stop blaming yourself or others. Learn Feng Shui and blame the furniture. - Unknown

I never make the same mistake twice. I make it five or six times, just to be sure. - Unknown

Most human beings are quite likeable if you do not see too much of them. - Robert Lynd

I picked up a hitchhiker. You gotta when you hit them. - Emo Phillips

I’m great in bed. I can sleep for days. - Unknown

There is no problem a good miracle can’t solve. - Unknown

Some people just need a sympathetic pat … on the head … with a hammer. - Unknown

There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad. - Salvador Dali

I resign. I wouldn’t want to belong to any club that would have me as a member. - Groucho Marx

Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame. - Erica Jong

Wine is a bad thing. It makes you quarrel with your neighbour, it makes you shoot at your landlord, it makes you – miss him. - Ossip Gabrilowitsch

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: