Thursday 23 November 2023

Proverbs, Maxims, Adages...

These short sentences speak volumes to me even when I was barely able to grasp the full meaning of them all. They motivated me to keep a record of them, and I have been doing that since my early years. I am still doing it now, collecting anything that resonates with me. I believe proverbs, maxims and axioms have shaped me into who I am today. I bless the day I found beauty and power in words.
Even though you have ten thousand fields, you can eat but one measure of rice a day. - Chinese Proverb

A man who has to be convinced to act before he acts is not a man of action. - Unknown

When they are at Rome, they do there as they see done. - Robert Burton

Grain by grain a loaf, stone by stone, a castle. - Yugoslavian Proverb

He that fears not the future may enjoy the present. - Thomas Fuller

An order is easier to obey when issued with a smile. - Unknown

The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none. - Unknown

Necessity and time will teach us what to do. - Unknown

When the iron is hot, strike. - John Heywood

He conquers who endures. - Persius

Invention is the mother of necessity. - Thorstein Veblen

Life is for one generation; a good name forever. - Unknown

Rather fail with honour than succeed by fraud. - Sophocles

The art of pleasing consists in being pleased. - William Hazlitt

When nothing is sure, everything is possible. - Margaret Drabble

The man that lives by hope will die by despair. - Italian Proverb

Nature, time, and patience are the three great physicians. - H. G. Bohn

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly. - Unknown

Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease. - Hippocrates

The wise man knows he know nothing, the fool thinks he knows all. - Unknown

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: