Sunday 25 July 2021

Clouds

When I am outdoors, I like to look up to the sky. The sky has my favourite colours – blue, white, grey and all the shades in between. Looking at the sky calms me.

Looking at the sky and the clouds, this thought comes to mind, "A painter’s continuing work in progress." The sky would be the canvas, the brush strokes – that would be the wind, is constantly in motion, adding, subtracting to the scene at hand. Never a dull moment looking up at the sky.

All clouds are made up of basically the same thing: water droplets or ice crystals that float in the sky. They are formed as a result of saturation of the air when it is cooled to its dew point.

We know that all clouds look different. But do you know that there are different types of clouds and they are called by different names? And, if you know enough about clouds, you can predict the weather.

Basically, there are 10 types of clouds

1. Cumulus
2. Stratus
3. Stratocumulus
4. Altocumulus
5. Nimbostratus
6. Altostratus
7. Cirrus
8. Cirrocumulus
9. Cirrostratus
10. Cumulonimbus

Have a look at this website for the different Types of Clouds

I have some pictures of clouds which I identified with the above. I don’t know if I am correct though.

Cumulus clouds?

Stratus clouds?

Stratocumulus clouds?

Nimbostratus clouds?

Cirromulus clouds?

Cumulonimbus clouds?

This video on YouTube tells you about the different types of clouds. Very interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour and Aphorisms. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: