Wednesday 7 July 2021

Exploring a New Route

Being a creature of habit, I tend to stick with what I feel comfortable, instead of being adventurous and exploring new things. However, I decided to do something different a couple of days ago. I explored a walk route, to see what the route is like, so that maybe I have an alternative route for my walk. Not that there is anything wrong with the present route. It is a very pleasant walk route, with many fellow walkers and joggers, some of whom I exchange greetings in passing, and where time permits, we will stop for a chat. There are also amenities along the way, and there are many pretty flowers and plants. A very pleasant route indeed!

Anyway, I have been meaning to do that - explore the route I had in mind, for a while, but somehow, never got around to doing it. The route is a disused railway track. I have checked out a section of the track northwards. Now, I will check out a section going southwards. Come join me in my adventure.

This is the beginning of the route.

A bush of hibiscus flowers.

A cyclist.

A tree with many bird nest ferns sitting on its nooks and crooks.

A couple of rambutan trees.

Because it had been raining the past few days, there were mud puddles. This section was still not so bad. Further down, the path narrowed, with wasteland on both sides and puddles of mud every where. Not very nice.

Mushrooms after the rain.

This is where the section of the track is cut off. You have to make a slight detour to continue on the track southwards.

I was three kilometres from where I started. That was quite enough distance covered one way, for one day. Before turning back, I made a slight detour into a housing estate to have a look at the place. That's story for another Wednesday walk. Stay tuned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour and Aphorisms. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: