Friday 13 August 2021

A Bus Ride

Finally, I did it. A bus ride to the coast of the North-Western end of the island. From where I am, it is only a 30 minutes ride. I was there once or twice in my younger days. I wanted to see what has become of the place now. There is a bus that goes past my place and ends there. It was convenient. So, one fine day, and a fine day it was, I hopped on for a bus ride down memory lane.

Along the way, there were no signs of people living in the area any more. Gone were the homes and shophouses along the road. Only a couple of constructions going on. Other than that, it is all wasteland.

On arrival, I had expected to see the place a bit more developed. But it wasn’t. I remember there was a stall selling drinks and snacks. That is gone. I walked past what I thought was a police station, but later found out that it is the Police Coastguard base. It did occur to me why there would be a police station in the middle of nowhere.

There is a jetty which is closed to the public. And that was it. Nothing to see, nothing to do. I wanted to take some pictures, but I thought I walked past a sign that said no photography. Anyway, the path down to the jetty was blocked by a lorry. So, there was nothing worth taking. Since there was nothing else to do, I turned back and took the same bus home, just as it was about to leave.

The whole area seems to be set aside for development. It is quite a big area. A lot could be done. But then, there is an Airbase nearby. So, I don't know what is suitable for development there.

Not a very exciting trip, but I was curious to see how the place was and I did that. It was something different for an afternoon.

Here are some photos I took while on the bus. They turned out better than expected.

An army camp.

After the army camp, when some army personnel got off, I was the only passenger in the bus.
Apart from a couple of constructions going on, both sides of the road are just wasteland.
Just me and the bus driver for most part of my way home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour and Aphorisms. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: