Sunday 15 August 2021

A Visit To The Gardens By The Bay

I took the route less travelled, and had a walk along the edge of the garden. There’s plenty to see and marvel at.

This is the dragonfly lake.

Pretty cultivar hibiscus.
Don’t know what this plant with the ripen fruit is.
There is an art installation in the Gardens at the moment. ‘Glass in Bloom’ is American artist Dale Chihuly’s first major garden exhibition in Asia. The wooden boats are filled with blown glass. I am sure there is a perfectly good explanation to what it all meant, or what they represent. I think there were are works of his installed in other parts of the garden. We didn’t go looking for them.
I have no idea what these are, of if it had anything to do with the exhibition.
Other plants along the lake and boardwalk.
View of the "Glass in Bloom' from a bridge. It's evening time and the lights are coming on. I think the lights from the glass installation will be beautiful at night. Maybe I should make another visit to the garden to see them before the exhibition ends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour and Aphorisms. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: