Thursday 19 August 2021

ABV @ Southbridge

The name on the menu said abv @ Southbridge. I have been to the restaurant before. But I don’t think it was called abv @ Southbridge. Maybe they have changed the name since I was last there. Or they have rebrand themselves, or maybe someone has taken over the place. It is quite possible in these uncertain times.

Two of the senior staff members were still there. Anyway, that is not important. Abv @ Southbridge is a boutique hotel on the corner of Southbridge road and Pagoda Street. They have a restaurant and a whiskey bar. Two friends and I went there for a meal on Tuesday.

I had the Braised Oxtail. One friend had the Braised oxtail too, while the other one had a Ribeye steak. The braised oxtail was slow cooked, with onions, carrots and herbs in Red Wine Sauce. I didn’t have too high expectations. So, I was pleasantly surprised when it tasted quite good. The Ribeye looked good too. My friend didn’t complain, so it must have been good.

We ordered some garlic bread too. That was a disappointment. An expensive, two miserable thin slices of bread. A pity I forgot to take a picture of that.

After the meal, we catch up with what’s happening in our lives and what’s going on in the world. While chatting, we ordered some nachos and chips. The chips were all right. But we were disappointed with the nachos. Just a basket of chip with some dip. We expected a better presentation.

This is also part of the establishment.

The restaurant offers membership to diners. Their discounts on food prices are quite good. I guess that is how they are able to maintain their business. The previous couple of times I was there, they were always quite busy. The food menu has the basic items. I think their finger food menu has more to offer. Maybe they have more drinkers than diners. And drinkers like to have some finger food to go with their tipple.

My complain about the place is that the wooden chairs are small, hard and uncomfortable. The tables are too small too. There is hardly space left after they served the food. You have to be very careful with your movements, or you might topple something over.

ABV @ Southbridge is not one of my favourite restaurants. I would still go there if friends wanted to, but I would not suggest it to friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: