Sunday 29 August 2021

Euphorbia Tithymaloides

Euphorbia Tithymaloides is a perennial succulent herbaceous sub-shrub that bears cute, tiny flowers shaped like a bird. The are also known as devil’s backbone. How that name come about is a mystery to me. As they are succulents, they are all right under the full sun. They can tolerate dry spells, but when the dry spells become too extreme, they will shed leaves. They are easily grown from stem cuttings. Their sap is a skin irritant, and can be toxic if ingested. So you might want to be careful when handling this plant.
Cute little flower that resembles a bird.
The flowers appear on one side of the plant. The side that is hanging over outside of the corridor wall. I wonder if it is a coincidence, or because there is more sunlight.
I have had this plant for a while. It is thriving very well. It seems to like where it is. Some time ago, I had to trim it back when it grew too big. I only have a little space outside my apartment.
I was afraid that I might have overdone the trimming. However, after a couple of weeks, when it has got over the shock, they started growing again.
I am always pleased to see my plants doing well, and blooming. I have seen a couple of birds hanging around the Euphorbia Tithymaloides. They flew off when I opened the door, so I didn’t have a good look at them. But I thought they could be humming birds. The plant is now as big as when I trimmed it. I thought of trimming it again, but have decided that I will wait a while and see what happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: