Wednesday 8 June 2022

VivoCity

‘VivoCity’ is touted as the biggest shopping mall in Singapore. It is promoted as a lifestyle hub, fun filled with activities, bubbly with energy and vitality. Since I dislike shopping, and none of what the mall represents interests me, I have never bothered to go there. I have passed through VivoCity before, on my way to somewhere else, but I have never stopped to see what was there or in the area.

Last week, my friends suggested going to VivoCity for dinner. They say the restaurant we were going to has a nice view of the harbour. That sounds very interesting to me. My interest was piqued.

On the appointed day, I went down a bit earlier than the appointed time to have a walk around the area and see what is there.

I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. There is a stretch of eateries facing the waterfront. There is indeed a nice view of the waterfront. Diners are spoilt for choice. Business must be competitive.

There is a boardwalk between the eateries and the water. The boardwalk continues all the way to Sentosa Island – Singapore’s Island getaway. As far as I can see, it is a very nice walk. I made a mental note that I will use this boardwalk to get to Sentosa someday.

I had a stroll on the boardwalk on the waterfront, taking in the views of the harbour, and the view of the eateries, noting what was there. It was all very nice. I will go back again, I am sure.

Of course, I was also clicking away on my phone camera. Here are some pictures of the place.

This is the view of Sentosa island across the water.

This is looking back at the stretch of eateries on the waterfront.
This is the boardwalk to Sentosa. There is also a cycling track, or you can go across the island by train or cable car.
The building is our World Trade Center

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

No comments: