Friday 17 June 2022

Second Day In Arroyo

So, here I am in Arroyo, Malaga, Spain. I arrived midday yesterday. The flight was uneventful. Everything went smoothly at the immigration.

I will be here for the next ten weeks. It’s a home-stay holiday, meaning I will be staying with my friend, Roger. I have been doing that since 2017, but had to take a two year break because of the pandemic. Now that it is safe/free to travel again, I am back.

However, Roger has moved to another part of town. But it is not too far away from the old place. So, although it is a new place, I am not unfamiliar with the surroundings.

Roger was kind enough to loan me his laptop and set up a workstation for me. That is great. From here, I can post about my stay in Arroyo.

Since my arrival, I have been taking it easy – familiarizing myself with the apartment, the surroundings, getting used to the language which I know nothing of except maybe for a couple of words. It is a strange feeling hearing people talking around you but you haven’t a clue what they are saying.

As we get older and more set in our ways, it takes a longer time to settle in and get used to changes. And there are many – from simple things like the laptop I am using to the apartment, kitchen, to the weather, culture, environment… This will take a while for me to adapt, since I am the kind who is more comfortable with routine and familiar surroundings.

We didn’t feel like cooking yesterday, so we went to this Tandoori Indian restaurant for dinner. It’s only five a minutes walk from Roger’s place, so that was very convenient.

After a lovely dinner of lamb Rogan Josh washed down with two pints of beer, the previous day’s travel, and not sleeping on the plane was getting to me. I was walking on air by the time I left the restaurant. So I had an early night to catch up on my sleep.

More later...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

No comments: