Friday 5 August 2022

Dinner Is Served…

Table for two… at nine pm… on the balcony... with a view!

Roger and I go out for dinner two, three times of the week, or on days when we do not feel like cooking. At home, we take turns to cook, Roger cooks western dishes, while I cook Chinese dishes. We are easy going when it comes to food. So, usually it is something simple, and does not require too much work. Dinner is always on the balcony after the sun goes down.

It is also feeding time for the swifts and seagulls at that hour. So, while we dine, we see the swifts and seagulls feeding on whatever is out there in the air at that time of the day.

Someone once commented that we eat like Spartans. We are not big eaters. I lose my appetite when I see too much food on the table. Simple is good. And if we feel peckish later, there are always some chips which go very well with a beer or whisky.

I envy people who have a big appetite, people who can sit down and enjoy their food heartily. For, eating is an enjoyment itself. However, one must do something to work off the calories that he consumed, or it won’t be very healthy. And that’s the irony of life. You eat to enjoy and then you work out to burn the calories that you consumed.

Here are some of the dishes Roger cooked.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

No comments: