Saturday 27 August 2022

Reminiscing of Benalmadena

I am back in Singapore after a relaxing ten weeks of holidays in Benalmadena, Malaga, Spain. I don’t remember suffering from jet lag in my younger days, but as I grow older, it seems that with each year, the jet lag takes longer to get over with. I am still feeling fatigued after three days.

It was a homestay holiday. Luckily for me, my friend Roger has got a very good view out of his balcony. Many evenings, we sat out on the balcony with our drinks, enjoying the peace and the view of the lights in the pueblo, as well as see moon-watching, stargazing and observing what flew over in the sky. We saw an UFO one evening. But that turned out to be the debris from a Chinese space station.

Arroyo de la Miel, where we were at, is a quiet town of mainly seniors, and retirees from UK. It is easy to see why retirees from the UK are attracted to the place. The pace of living is slow. The locals are friendly and the place is multi-national. It is easy to fit in. It helps if you are able to speak some Spanish.

Well, until the next time then, Benalmadena. I will be thinking of you. A direct fly from here would make it that much easier. Unfortunately, I don’t think the day will come. There just is not enough traffic between the two countries to make the flight worth while.

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: