Monday 10 July 2023

Paraprosdokians

“A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part. It is frequently used for humorous or dramatic effect, sometimes producing an anti-climax. For this reason, it is extremely popular among comedians and satirists.” - Wikipedia

“Some paraprosdokians not only change the meaning of an early phrase, but also play on the double meaning of a particular word, creating a syllepsis.” - Wikipedia

Laughing is the best medicine. Unless you are laughing for no reason, then you need medicine. - Unknown

He’s turned his life around. He used to be depressed and miserable. Now he’s miserable and depressed. - David Frost

I am going to retire and live off my savings. What I’ll do the second day, I have no idea. - Unknown

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left. - Oscar Levant

If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, you’re in a cave. Turn around. - Unknown

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city. - George Burns

I am taking care of my procrastination issues; just you wait and see. - Unknown

It’s okay if you disagree with me. I can’t force you to be right. - Unknown

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met! - Rodney Dangerfield

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. - Unknown

If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried. - Steven Wright

Forget about the past, you can’t change it. Forget about the future, you can’t predict it. Forget about the present, I didn’t buy you one. - Unknown

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: