Monday 11 December 2023

Paraprosdokians

Some humour is straight forward. You see, or hear them, and you burst out laughing. Others are more subtle. You need a second or two, to see the humour in them.

Paraprosdokians are an example, the punch line is dropped a second or two later, giving what was said an entirely different meaning, wherein lies the humour. You will notice a lot of these in comedy shows. Stand-Up comedians use them a lot to get the laughs too.

Enjoy this selection of paraprosdokians. They are funny, but at the same time, there is some truth in them. May your week ahead be filled with laughter.

More than ever before, people are suffering from back problems; back taxes, back rent, back auto payments. - Robert Orben

I believe in rules. Sure I do. If there weren’t any rules, how could you break them? - Leo Durocher

I found there was only one way to look thin, hang out with fat people. - Rodney Dangerfield

One should forgive one’s enemies, but not before they are hanged. - Heinrich Heine

No sense being pessimistic … it wouldn’t work anyway. - John Robb

Nothing is really lost until your mom can’t find it. - Unknown

Some folks are wise, and some are otherwise. - Tobias Smollett

One should love animals. They are so tasty. - Unknown

Properly trained, a Man can be Dog’s best friend. - Corey Ford

People hate the truth. Luckily, the truth doesn’t care. - Larry Winger

I don’t believe in astrology; I’m a Sagittarius, and we’re sceptical. - Arthur C. Clarke

There are no favourites in my office. I treat them all with the same general inconsideration. - Lyndon B. Johnson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: