Saturday 7 September 2024

Writing

Once upon a time, when I was little, I dreamt of becoming a writer. However, very soon, I realized that I can only dream about it. I realized I was not cut out to be a writer. I lack all the qualities a good writer has – creativity, eloquence, and patience. Eventually, I recognized my limits and knew that it would be futile to be pursuing something I have no hope of succeeding in, something I am not good at. Perhaps, I was also not passionate enough.

If you want to try your hand at writing, here are some advice, and motivation from published authors for you.

Omit needless words. Vigorous writing is concise. A sentence should contain no unnecessary words, a paragraph no unnecessary sentences, for the same reason that a drawing should have no unnecessary lines and a machine no unnecessary parts. This requires not that the writer make all his sentences short, or that he avoid all detail and treat his subjects only in outline, but that every word tell. - William Strunk

A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit. - Richard Bach

All there is to writing is having ideas. To learn to write is to learn to have ideas. - Robert Frost

If you write a page a day, you will be an author of a thick book in a year. Great results will take shape when small efforts are continually put in over time. - Unknown

Nothing you write, if you hope to be good, will ever come out as you first hoped. - Lillian Hellman

The first page sells that book. The last page sells your next book. - Mickey Spillane

The waste basket is the writer's best friend. - Isaac Singer

The way you define yourself as a writer is that you write every time you have a free minute. If you didn’t behave that way you would never do anything. - John Irving

When something can be read without effort, great effort has gone into its writing. - Enrique Jardiel Poncela

Write what you like, then imbue it with life and make it unique by blending in your own personal knowledge of life, friendship, relationships, sex, and work. - Stephen King

You can click on the picture for a better view.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: