Thursday, 13 August 2026

A Pencil Sketch

Recently, I had this inclination to try sketching. A different lifetime ago, I experimented, and did some portrait drawing. Some of them turned out reasonably well. Maybe I will be inspired to do some portrait sketches again later. We shall see.

Meanwhile, this is a pencil sketch I did recently. I saw this black and white image on the internet and it looks like something I could do a sketch of. And, here it is.

It turned out to be more difficult than I anticipated. As you can see from the finished sketch, the scene didn’t quite show up. It appeared to be a mass of greys and blacks. One wouldn’t be able to quite figure out what that was.

I sketched this from the image on my phone. So, a lot of the details were minute and not very clear. I just realised this when I was doing this post. Anyway, I don’t want to change it. But I will remember, or try to enlarge all photos for my future projects.

So, not very successful this time. But, it’s a way of building up my interest to do more sketches – maybe.

The advantage of pencil sketching is that the tools are quite simple and straightforward. A pencil, paper, eraser and a pencil sharpener.

A first, rough sketch to highlight where everything is.

The second sketch
The final product
The original photo from the web
“A man that has a taste of music, painting, or architecture, is like one that has another sense, when compared with such as have no relish of those arts.” - Joseph Addison

You can click on the picture for a better view.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommend the blog to them. Cheers!

No comments: