In the pot were four plants packed tight together and the pot was bursting. I repotted them, gave two to my niece and kept two for myself.
One plant grew well and has even grown a new plant.
The other plant, for some reason, kept slanting to one side. In one of my attempts to set it straight, the stem broke into two. I had to find a new pot for it and hope that it will grow from there. I also stick one of the leaves in a new pot, in case the mother plant dies. That’s how you propagate snake plants. You just cut a leaf from the plant, stick it in the soil, and water them every now and then. I successfully propagated one some time ago. It took quite a while before a shoot appeared. I was on the verge of throwing it out when I noticed this tiny green dot. This must be about ten months now. As you can see, they are slow growing plants. The Sansevieria trifasciata is considered an excellent air-purifying houseplant.This is another succulent plant given to me by the same friend. It is the Sansevieria ‘Tough Lady’ - as far as I can identify it, with the help of Google lens. Let me know if I am wrong. It is a compact, resilient snake plant variety featuring a tight rosette of thick, concave, dark green leaves with distinct horizontal stripes.
This plant must be three or four years old. It is slow-growing, compact, and generally stayed small, making them ideal indoor potted plants. That is what I like about them – slow growing and low maintenance. Like the Sansevieria trifasciata, it thrives in bright, indirect light rather than direct sunlight to prevent leaf burning. They need minimal watering and are easy to care for, making them popular plants.Succulent plants store water in their stems and leaves. Hence, they are able to adapt to long periods of dry weather without rain. In fact, they don’t like to have too much water. If you give your succulent too much water, their roots will rot and they will die.
You can click on the picture for a better view.
Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommend the blog to them. Cheers!








No comments:
Post a Comment