Friday 28 August 2020

Cacti and Aloes

I came to appreciate cacti and aloes after my visit to the Succulent Garden in the Flower Dome at The Gardens by the Bay. Some of cacti are nasty looking, and you wouldn't want to go too close. But, most succulents have symmetrical petals that are pleasing to the eye. 

These pictures of cacti and aloes were taken at the Succulent Garden. They are instantly recognisable by their thin needle-like leaves and waxy surface that prevent the loss of water under the hot desert sun. I remember some of their names, and where possible, I have included them. 

Agave americana, common names sentry plant, century plant, maguey or American aloe, is a species of flowering plant in the family Asparagaceae, native to Mexico and the United States in New Mexico, Arizona and Texas. Today, it is cultivated worldwide as an ornamental plant. 




This is Aloe Reynoldsii, or Reynold's Aloe - if I am not mistaken.


This is Kalanchoe Pumila or commonly known as Flour Dust Plant, or Dwarf Kalanchoe.


These, I know not the name of.




A succulent garden within a succulent garden.

They are too many pictures to be loaded into one post. I will be posting more in the coming days.


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour, and Quotes. If you know of someone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!


No comments: