Friday 20 November 2020

Unknown Plant

This plant is another commonly seen plant around here. Unfortunately, I do not know what it is called. They seem to be quite easy to grow - hardy and adaptable.

What is unique about this plant is its flowers. They are small and insignificant.

The colourful pink, red and sometimes white are actually not the flowers. I am not sure of the term, but I think they are called bracts. I read somewhere that the purpose of the bright coloured bracts is to attract the flies and insects to the flower. It makes sense. Another brilliant creation of Mother Nature.

The pink and red bracts are more common. However, there are also white bracts.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour, and Quotes. If you know of someone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: