Monday 23 November 2020

Birdie Flower

I called it the Birdie flower. The flowers are tiny and they look like little birds. I have yet to find out their botanical name. I managed to find a couple of images of the flower on the internet, but they didn’t state the name of the flower. I guess they are as clueless. If you know what they are, do tell me.

Some time ago, a neighbour gave me some cuttings of the plant. They look like succulents. I stick them in a pot, not really expecting anything from it. The said neighbour only mentioned that the flowers shaped like little birds.

After a week or so, the cuttings grew shoots and from there it grew quite quickly. A few months later, they started blooming. At first, I thought they were buds, and I was waiting for them to bloom. It was only on upon closer inspection that they were actually the birdie flowers my neighbour talked about.

After a few rounds of blooms, the plant was growing out of shape, and looking tired. That's when I decided to give them a trim. When nothing happened after a few weeks, I thought I had over done it and they were dead. Luckily, they started shooting again.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour, and Quotes. If you know of someone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: