Thursday 9 December 2021

Festive Lights

It is that time of the year again! The time when the streets and shopping malls are decked up with lights and the atmosphere is filled with festive cheer. Last year’s celebration was muted and toned down. This year, just when we think it is safe to come out to play, the Omicron virus came to put a damper on the festive mood.

Once again, planned parties and celebrations are cancelled or put on hold, until doctors and scientists have a clearer picture of what damage the Omicron virus is capable of.

Orchard road, as is the custom, is once again lighted up with Christmas decorations. Orchard road is an upscale shopping belt in the heart of the city. The end of the year festive season is their busiest period. Apart from the tourists, locals will also go shopping and have a look at the lights. Unfortunately, during this time of the pandemic, it is a pale shadow of what it was in years past. Tourists are non existent. Locals shop online. Business at the malls are very badly affected.

I saw a preview of the light up on the newsreel and they looked awesome. Naturally, I thought I should go and have a look in person, as I haven’t been down that way for a while. However, I was not quite as impressed as I thought I would be. There wasn’t anything special, or out of the ordinary. I guess in a video clip, a good camera, and the right angles can beautify and produce a different picture. Perhaps, at the end of the day, it's where you look and how you look.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the lights. You will see what I mean.

My friend and I went down a bit early to have 👉 A Stroll Along Orchard Road first. After that, we had something to eat. By the time we finished dinner, it was dark outside. We were ready to take in the lights.

It was still bright, and the lights had just come on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

If you are a blogger and are interested in earning crypto coins, you might want to check out the Hive blockchain. It is a social media that pays tokens for your posts, which you can then convert to crypto coins.

You can use my referral link https://ecency.com/signup?referral=netizen01 if you like.

Let me know if you do sign up, I will come by and lend some support. Or, if you have any problem understanding how it works, feel free to ask me.

No comments: