Tuesday 7 December 2021

Carnivorous Plants

In the Cloud Forest, there is a ‘pond’ where carnivorous plants are grown on ‘islands’. Maybe, this is to keep them from taking a bite of the visitors when they are hungry. But, I think it is more likely to keep curious visitors from touching them.
On these islands, there are ‘Pitfall Trap’, The ‘Venus Fly-trap”, ‘Snap Trap’, ‘Suction Trap’. ‘Passive Glue Trap’, ‘Active Glue Trap’ and ‘Lobster Pot Trap’.

Do carnivorous plants starve and die when they do not have enough to eat? I wondered. And there, on the sign was this - “Carnivorous plants will not starve to death if they are unable to catch and digest insects. They will just grow more slowly and produce fewer flowers and seeds.” I bet you learned something new today too.

There was another sign warning visitors not to touch the plants, or they will be fed to them. They probably have to do it bit by bit, since I don’t think the plant can consume a human whole like they did with a fly. I wonder if anyone was last seen visiting the ‘Cloud Forest’.

A sculpture of a dragonfly. Dragonflies are one of the victims of carnivorous plants.
Have a look at the Cloud Forest post 👉 HERE, if you missed it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

If you are a blogger and are interested in earning crypto coins, you might want to check out the Hive blockchain. It is a social media that pays tokens for your posts, which you can then convert to crypto coins.

You can use my referral link https://ecency.com/signup?referral=netizen01 if you like.

Let me know if you do sign up, I will come by and lend some support. Or, if you have any problem understanding how it works, feel free to ask me.

No comments: