Sunday 19 December 2021

Shake Shack

Shake shack has its origins as a humble hot dog cart in Manhattan’s Madison Square Park. The cart was popular and there were queues. In 2004, USHG – Union Square Hospitality Group won the bid to open a permanent kiosk in the Park. Shake Shack was born.

Shake Shack opened its first restaurant in Singapore on the 17th of April, 2019. Now, there is one in the Gardens by the Bay. Whilst at the Gardens recently, a friend suggested we gave Shake Shack a try and see what is so different about their burgers.

I was told that on weekends, the queues were super long. Since we were there on a weekday, and a little before the dinner time, there wasn’t that many people around.

What is so different between one burger and the other. A burger is a burger isn’t it? Apparently not. Each burger chain has its own it ‘little extra’ which makes them a bit different from the others. Their little ‘secret recipe’ or ingredients.

Anyway, my friend and I both ordered their signature Shake Shack burger and a soft drink. The bill for both came up to 37.20 SGD. I know another burger joint down the road where I can get a burger meal for half that price. But truth be told, Shake Shack burger is a bit bigger, juicy, and had a slightly more generous helping of cheese and mushroom. And given their brand name, I guess it is not that overly expensive. What do you think?

The restaurant do not have a service charge. The reason? There was no service. You key in your orders, and then you go and collect them when your number is called. Luckily, my friend is familiar with how the system works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

If you are a blogger and are interested in earning crypto coins, you might want to check out the Hive blockchain. It is a social media that pays tokens for your posts, which you can then convert to crypto coins.

You can use my referral link https://ecency.com/signup?referral=netizen01 if you like.

Let me know if you do sign up, I will come by and lend some support. Or, if you have any problem understanding how it works, feel free to ask me.

No comments: