Tuesday 11 January 2022

Go-Ang Pratunam Chicken Rice

This was in, sometime, last month. My friend and I were taking in the Festive lights on Orchard Road when it was time for dinner – for me, anyway. My friend said he had a snack before meeting me, and he was not particularly hungry. That being the case, we decided to have something simple.

We had a wander around Singapura plaza, a shopping mall, and saw this Thai restaurant that has Chicken Rice on the sign. Curious to see how it compares with the local chicken rice, we decided to give it a try.

Chicken rice is a popular dish here – especially Hainanese Chicken rice. It is basically steamed chicken, with ‘oily rice’ – rice cooked with chicken broth/essence. Anyway, that is for another day.

I digressed. We ordered half a chicken and a dish of kailan to go with the rice.

The chicken didn’t look appealing. It looked hurriedly thrown together with a sprig of parsley to hide the mess. However, it was tender enough and all right.

The vegetables could used with a few more minutes in the wok.
A plate of rice.
A glass of lemon grass tea.
Chicken, vegetables, rice and a soft drink. A simple dinner.

There was no comparison. We prefer the local chicken rice.

Some interesting pictures in the restaurant. It would seem that the restaurant has a history. From the pictures, it looks like they started from humble beginnings many, many years ago.

Apparently, they were featured in the Michelin guide at some point, going by the little notice in the lower right hand corner of one of the pictures.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

If you are a blogger and are interested in earning crypto coins, you might want to check out the Hive blockchain. It is a social media that pays tokens for your posts, which you can then convert to crypto coins.

You can use my referral link https://ecency.com/signup?referral=netizen01 if you like.

Let me know if you do sign up, I will come by and lend some support. Or, if you have any problem understanding how it works, feel free to ask me.

No comments: