Sunday 20 March 2022

Dinner With Firiends

I was out for dinner with a couple of friends on Wednesday. One of them who frequents the ‘Wine Connection’ restaurant, said the food and prices are very reasonable, and suggested that we go there. So, we went along with his suggestion.

I don’t know if it is the advance of technology or was it because of the pandemic and hygiene purposes, (I guess it is all the above), most restaurants do not have physical menus any more. I know that even before the pandemic, they were already using iPads instead, for menus. But now, you scan a QR quote and the menu will be in your phone. So, one would be quite inconvenienced without a smartphone. But, it is cost saving for the establishment. They save on the expenses of printing menus, and the work of handing you the menu, taking your orders and collecting the menus. All these are time consuming and extra costs. With the QR code, it also frees up manpower. I guess this will be the new norm in dining out.

The menu in your phone after you scanned the QR code.
My favourite dish in a western restaurant is the pork ribs. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to find good pork ribs. The pork ribs at the Wine Connection was quite a generous portion. It looked nice and the meat did come off the bones, but they were a bit dry. So, not the best ribs I had.
The rest of the dishes – the Greek Salad, pizza, and mussels were all right.
I like the big open area. Always nice to sit and dine outdoors.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: