Wednesday 23 March 2022

Exploring A New Area

Although Singapore is a small island, and I have lived here all my life, I have been to only a few areas on the island. There is still plenty of the island to explore, if I were so inclined. Unfortunately, I am not an explorer. I am more of a home body.

However, I do go out once in a while. Sometimes, friends would suggest a place I haven’t been before. I would be secretly pleased that I am ‘force to explore’ a new place. Unfortunately, my friends are not the active, or sporting type. The prefer the more sedate and laid back lifestyle, like checking out a new bar or restaurant, whereas I would much prefer to check out a walking trail, a garden, or a park.

Anyhow, on a friend’s suggestion to try out a new restaurant in Paya Lebar, an area I have never been to, I went down a bit earlier to have a look at the surrounding area. I looked up the place on google map first. The area was developed not too long ago. From what I can see, it is another area of shopping complexes, and offices. After getting a rough idea of the surrounding area, I set out to ‘explore’ the place.

It was just as I expected. Building complexes of shopping malls with shops, and more shops, F&B outlets, and offices. The train arrives in the midst of these buildings. So, the place is convenient to get to.

Here are some photos of the place.

The forefront is the train station.

This is an apartment block.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: