Tuesday 22 March 2022

Bukit Gombak Park

I have a regular walk route. But sometimes, I take a different route for my walk – for a change, for something different. Last Saturday, I decided to take a walk to the Bukit Gombak Park. Walking to the park, then a stroll in the park, and back, took about an hour. It was a very pleasant change from my regular walk route.

That was my second time to the park since it opened about nine months ago. It is not a very big park. But it has enough attractions for the whole family. There is a ‘Dog Run’, a butterfly garden, a community garden, a children’s playground, and a restaurant too.

Whisk & Paddle - that's the name of the restaurant at the park.

Just behind the restaurant are the steps leading up to the park.
There is a dog run. But there were no dogs in sight when I was there. I am sure there will be later on, when the sun is setting. It was still a bit hot when I was there at about half past four in the afternoon.
A butterfly garden. There must be flowers in the butterfly garden. And indeed there were. Pretty flowers everywhere. There were plenty of butterflies too. Unfortunately, they were all too busy to stop for a moment or two to pose for photos. I chased a couple of them for a bit, but gave up when I realised that it is quite impossible to take pictures of them.
I don’t know the names of most of the plants and flowers. But, here are some that I do know. Beautiful bamboo orchid.
The Lantana flowers
The Ashoka flowers
This, I do not know.
These were the community garden plots when I first visited the park when it opened.
These are the plots now. Residents in the area who are interested in a bit of gardening can rent these plots from the National Parks department. After that, you can plant flowers, grow vegetables, herbs and spices... Basically, anything you are interested in. These garden plots are very popular. They are taken up very quickly and there is always a waiting line for one to become available.
Eggplants
Bitter gourds. They are very prone to attacks from insects. That is why they have to be covered up.
Tomatoes.
Chillies.
The park is behind these residences.
This is the front of the houses. This looks like a nice quiet neighbourhood.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: