Saturday 17 September 2022

Big Fish Aquarium

There is a Big Fish Aquarium in the Gardens by the Bay. The aquarium is in a quiet corner, and unless you know it is there, and looking for it, it is easy to miss it. I stumbled upon it after a few visits to the Gardens. And it was a few more visits later that I knew how to get to it directly.

The aquarium lives up to its name of ‘Big Fish Aquarium’. The fishes, and a turtle - mostly from the Amazon basin in South America are huge.

These are the residents in the aquarium - pig-nosed turtle, red-tail catfish, arapaima gigas, alligator gars, the pacuu.

I was looking for the red-tailed catfish to see if its tail is really red. I eventually found it keeping very still at the bottom of the aquarium looking at me. I couldn't see its tail, so I have no way of knowing if its tail is really red.

A pig-nosed turtle.
Incidentally, did you know that the plural of fish is fish? Whereas ‘fishes’ is used to refer to multiple species of fish.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - πŸ‘‰ HERE

No comments: