Friday 2 September 2022

Vincent's Kitchen

While away on holidays recently, meals were not as convenient as when at home. Sure, there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, but they are not as cheap as in Singapore. Besides, most local restaurants have menus in Spanish. I neither understand nor speak Spanish, so that was a problem. Therefore, we usually buy something from the supermarkets, and cook something simple at home. We dined out two, maybe three times a week, or whenever we didn’t feel like cooking.

I am not a good cook at all. It is just as well that I am not very particular about food. I eat when I am hungry. As long as the food is edible, it doesn’t matter if it is not so nice.

The following are some of the dishes I did whilst in Benalmadena. Most of the dishes were simple chicken dishes, and simple stir fry vegetables dishes. All done ‘Vincent’s style’.

Curry chicken

Stir-fry chicken with onions and green pepper
Stir-fry honey glazed chicken
Stir-fry chicken with carrots, celery and cashew nuts (I didn’t have cashew nuts, or I used peanuts)
Chicken with chilli, onions and green pepper
Bak Kut Teh (Pork ribs soup)
Stir-fry prawns with carrots and asparagus
Stir-fry broccoli and carrots
Stir-fry chop suey – mixed vegetables (celery, carrots, onions, pepper and cucumber)
Stir-fry cabbage with carrots
Stir-fry hairy gourd with eggs
For lunch, usually I have fried rice, or a simple sandwich with a simple salad, or pasta with ham and cheese in tomato sauce.
The food looks presentable enough in the pictures. They are perfectly edible, but they are not outstanding. Sometimes, I don’t have all the ingredients I need. So, I improvised, and do the dishes my way. That’s where the ‘Vincent’s style’ comes in.

My mantra, when it comes to food is: Simple, good to eat, and healthy food.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - πŸ‘‰ HERE

No comments: