Saturday 3 September 2022

Succulents

All cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are cacti. This much I know. I also know that -

Succulent plants store water in their stems and leaves. Hence, they are able to adapt to long periods of dry weather without rain. In fact, they don’t like to have too much water. If you give your cacti or succulent too much water, they will rot. This happened to me a couple of times. I was given some succulent plants some time ago. Not knowing any better, I watered them regularly – it being the tropics here and the weather is always very warm. One day, the plants just toppled over. When I dug into the soil, I found that the roots were rotten. I learned my lesson.

These are some pictures of cacti and succulents from the Succulent Garden in the Gardens of the Bay. Thanks to the signs beside the plants, and with a little help from Google lens, I was able to identify all of the images.

A crown of thorns in bloom

Aeonium arboreum, the tree aeonium, tree houseleek, or Irish rose, is a succulent, subtropical subshrub in the flowering plant family Crassulaceae. - Wikipedia

I like the symmetry of the leaves. Very pleasing to look it.

Agave chazaroi
Aloe reynoldsii
A beautiful bloom from the Cleistocactus winteriis, also known as golden rat tailed cactus.
Operculicarya decaryi, also known as elephant tree. I have no idea why it is called elephant tree.
And here we have the Pachypodium saundersii, also known as the elephant foot.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - πŸ‘‰ HERE

No comments: