Wednesday 21 September 2022

Afternoon Walks

“Above all, do not lose your desire to walk. Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being. I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it.” - Soren Kierkegaard

Since I came back from my holidays a month ago, I have ventured out socially, only twice. Apart from the lack of motivation to do so, the weather hasn’t been very helpful either. There has been a fair bit of rain, and the sky is grey most of the time. At times, it felt quite depressing.

However, I have been walking every day, clocking 10,000 steps, or thereabouts on my regular walk route. That is a good daily goal. Since I don’t do any other physical activities or sports, it is important that I keep to this regime to keep fit.

I will have to make an effort to go out more, so that I have some interesting stuff to share on here. Meanwhile, here are some pictures taken while I was out on my walk.

Towards one end of my walk route.

A tree laden with dragon scale plant and bird nest ferns.
Some flowers along the route.

Citharexylum spinosum also known as fiddlewod. They are very fragrant. When a few of them bloom together, the air is filled with a nice fragrant.

Hibiscus flower
Beds of Spider liles
Cheilocostus speciosus, also known as crepe ginger.
A path branching off from my walk route. Nothing up this end of the path at the moment. But I think there are plans to develop this area.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: