Monday 17 April 2023

Paraprosdokians

Some humour is straight forward. You see, or hear them, and you burst out laughing. Others are more subtle. You need a second or two, to see the humour in them.

Paraprosdokians are an example, the punch line is dropped a second or two later, giving what was said an entirely different meaning, wherein lies the humour. You will notice a lot of these in comedy shows. Stand-Up comedians use them a lot to get the laughs too.

Enjoy this selection of paraprosdokians. They are funny, but at the same time, there is some truth in them. May your week ahead be filled with laughter.

Sometimes you just have to close your eyes, count to ten, take a deep breath, remind yourself that you wouldn’t look good in prison stripes and just smile at that dumbass and walk away. - Unknown

I was going to quit all my bad habits. I really was! But then it occurred to me that no one likes a quitter! - Unknown

A girl must marry for love and keep on marrying until she finds it. - Zsa Zsa Gabor

If your dog is fat, you aren’t getting enough exercise. - Unknown

I hate when people assume I don’t like them. I want them to ask me, so I can tell them myself. - Unknown

As a young child my mother told me I can be anyone I want to be. Turns out this is called identity theft. - Unknown

When I get a headache, I take two Aspirin and keep away from children. Just like it says on the bottle. - Unknown

Forgive your enemies – if you can’t get back at them any other way. - Franklin P. Jones

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road. - Unknown

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. - Mark Twain

I believe in equality. Equality for everybody. No matter how stupid they are or how superior I am to them. - Unknown

Don’t be afraid of a few extra pounds. Fat people are harder to kidnap. - Unknown

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: