Saturday 1 April 2023

Truisms - Words To Live By

Aphorisms are my surrogate educators. They are my teachers, guardians, and friends… always there to patiently motivate, encourage, advice, counsel, console, enlighten, educate, and at times to egg me on when I am feeling despondent, discouraged or disillusioned.

Some of my teachers who uttered those quotes which resonate with me are centuries old. They include sages, philosophers, poets, and writers.

Short and precise, aphorisms tell a story and teach a lesson in a few words or a couple of sentences. They inspire me, and have served as signposts on my journey through life. They are largely responsible for where I am, and who I am now.

You have a choice. You can either be a passive victim of circumstance or you can be the active hero of your own life. - Bradley Withford

Lost – yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered, for they are gone forever. - Horace Mann

A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free. - Nikos Kazantzakis

Kites rise against, not with the wind. No man has ever worked his passage anywhere in a dead calm. - John Neal

Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days. - Zig Ziglar

A man who trims himself to suit everybody will soon whittle himself away. - Charles M. Schwab

It is necessary to work, if not from inclination, at least from despair. Everything considered, work is less boring than amusing oneself. - Charles Baudelaire

Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed. - Jonathan Swift

People who lack the clarity, courage, or determination to follow their own dreams will often find ways to discourage yours. - Steve Maraboli

Ignorance is the necessary condition of life itself. If we knew everything we could not endure existence for a single hour. - Anatole France

A stand can be made against invasion by an army; no stand can be made against invasion by an idea. - Victor Hugo

The best helping hand that you will ever receive is the one at the end of your own arm. - Fred Dehner

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: