Wednesday 2 August 2023

Ryzhik

Roger’s friend, Shenya, has a pet guinea pig. Shenya and her family were going away for a few weeks of holidays. They asked Roger if he could look after Ryzhik while the family is away. Roger agreed to do that, and therefore, I had Ryzhik for company for three weeks of my holidays.

Ryzhik is Russian for Ginger (the colour). But, I just call him Ginger. I have never been up close with a guinea pig before. I didn’t realise they are quite that big.

I looked up Wikipedia and found out that - “The guinea pig, or domestic guinea pig, also known as the cavy or domestic cavy, is a species of rodent belonging to the genus Cavia in the family Caviidae.”

Guinea pigs are herbivorous. Their diet is fresh hay, fruits and vegetables. They live an average of five to seven years. This lifespan is longer than many other small pets such as hamsters, gerbils, mice or rats, all of whom only live up to a few years.

Here are more photos of the cute little fellow.

Click on the photo to see the bigger picture.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: