Friday 18 August 2023

Fritillaria Eduardii

I saw this unusual flower when I was at the Tulip flower display a few months ago. I have no idea why it was together with the display. Maybe it came from the same region or country as the tulips.

This plant is unique in that the flowers at the top of the stem face downwards. Its common name ‘imperialis’ is based on the ‘crown’ of small leaves that resembles an emperor’s crown.

Fritillaria eduardii is a species of flowering plant in the lily family Liliaceae, native to Central Asia. It is closely related to the widely cultivated species, F. imperialis, called "crown imperial." - Wikipedia

Click on the photo to see the bigger picture.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: