Sunday 17 July 2022

A Fire In Sierra de Mijas

On Friday, just after noon, I looked out of the balcony and there was smoke coming up from behind mount Calamorro. At first, I thought they were clouds. But, more and thicker smoke was coming up. It didn’t look like clouds anymore.

I assumed it must be a fire. The smoke was getting thick by the minute. But I didn’t know where the fire was coming from, or what caused it. It was later that I found out it was a forest fire was in Sierra de Mijas, the hills behind Mount Calamorrow.

Luckily, there was no breeze, or it could have been worse. They were able to have some control over the fire after an hour or so. However, it is not easy to totally put out such a big fire in such a short time. The fire is still burning – albeit greatly reduced and not as threatening now. There have been a number of fires in the past that took days to completely put out.

Benalmadena is very dry at this time of the year. Fires are hard to control especially in the mountains, where rough terrains make it difficult to get to the fire quickly.

You can read about the fire here 👉 Source

Here’s a short video I took of the fire.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

No comments: