Monday 17 June 2024

Paraprosdokians

“A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part. It is frequently used for humorous or dramatic effect, sometimes producing an anti-climax. For this reason, it is extremely popular among comedians and satirists.” - Wikipedia

“Some paraprosdokians not only change the meaning of an early phrase, but also play on the double meaning of a particular word, creating a syllepsis.” - Wikipedia

Enjoy today’s selection of Paraprosdokians. May your days be filled with laughter.

I find it helps to organize chores into categories: Things I won’t do now; Things I won’t do later; Things I’ll never do… - Auntie Acid

Marriage is about understanding what irritates your spouse and using it strategically. - Unknown

I am not always rude and sarcastic. Sometimes, I am asleep. - Unknown

If anyone calls you old, hit them with your cane and throw your teeth at them! - Unknown

When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye. - Cathy Guisewite

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally. - W. C. Fields

The All Day Breakfast is served till 11.30am. - Unknown

If the shoe fits, get another one just like it. - Unknown

You look like I need another drink. - Unknown

I am just one step away from being rich, all I need now is money. - Unknown

My wife told me to put ketchup on the shopping list. Now I can’t read anything. - Vince the sign guy

Pulled out a nose hair today to see if it hurt... Judging by the reaction of the man asleep next to me on the bus, it seems pretty painful. - Unknown

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: