Tuesday 2 July 2024

Dinner

The advantage of a home-stay holiday is that you do not have to eat out every meal, which can take up a big part of the travel expenses. I am also not a foodie who must try every dish on the menu.

Roger and I take turns to cook when we are not dining out. Roger cooks western dishes, and I cook simple Chinese dishes. I am not a good cook. Luckily, Roger is, like me, not very particular about food. We eat to live.

Nowadays, there are many ready-made pastes on the market. It makes cooking so much easier, especially when you are cooking for one or two persons. Empty the paste into the pot, add in the meat, cook, boil, simmer and viola, the dish is ready. If it is not good, blame it on the paste.

We have dinner on the balcony, while watching the sun set. It won’t be easy to find a restaurant with such a lovely view. Sometimes, Swifts and seagulls circle in the sky picking up insects and creatures invisible to the human eye. All very interesting.

This was what I prepared the other night.

Green curry
A mix of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots stir fried
Fried egg and onion omelette
The speck in the center of the photo is a seagull.

Click on the photo to see the bigger picture.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: