Wednesday 24 November 2021

The Rail Corridor

The rail corridor also known as the green corridor was a 24 kilometre long railway. It used to be a means of transport between Singapore and its northern neighbour, and also for transporting goods. This was discontinued in 2011. Since then, Singapore has been developing and enhancing the track/trail for easy access. It is now a popular trail with hikers, bikers, walkers and joggers.

I have explored parts of the trail. This was another part of the trail that I explored. It is the centre portion of the trail. For Singaporeans on here, it is from the Railway mall to the Bukit Timah hill section.

The railway corridor is also a part of the rich heritage of Singapore. The Truss Bridge (the only one remaining in Singapore) is one of them. This Truss Bridge dates back to 1932.

The trail for this section begins here.
It is another 13 km to the end of the trail. Maybe, on a fine day when I feel up to it, I will do that.
Pretty flowers in the wild.
This is what the trail is like for most of the way.
Beautiful gigantic ferns.
Ferns in the wild are common here. That's the type of climate they thrive in.
Steps leading to other trails on the way.
Residential area off the trail.
A biker. I picked a weekday and in the mid-afternoon for my walk. So, there were not too many people around.
This was where I turned off down the steps on the forefront.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

If you are a blogger and are interested in earning crypto coins, you might want to check out the Hive blockchain. It is a social media that pays tokens for your posts, which you can then convert to crypto coins.

You can use my referral link https://ecency.com/signup?referral=netizen01 if you like.

Let me know if you do sign up, I will come by and lend some support. Or, if you have any problem understanding how it works, feel free to ask me.

No comments: