Saturday 13 November 2021

Citharexylum Spinosum aka Fiddlewood

Recently, the National Parks department planted a dozen or so of these plants along a section of my walk route. A sign on one of the trees labelled them as Citharexylum spinosum, also known as Fiddlewood.

After settling in their new environment, they grew quite steadily, and they were blooming before too long. Flowers are small, in a cluster and fragrant. They attract bees and butterflies.

Fiddlewood are perennials and they bloom all year long. So they are a very welcome addition along the walk route. I get to see more butterflies and also enjoy the nice fragrant of the flowers.

According to one website, these plants need only average water, are drought tolerant and need low maintenance – characteristics very suitable for the climate here.

Bees and butterflies like attracted to the flowers. I managed to snap a picture of these before the it flew away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

If you are a blogger and are interested in earning crypto coins, you might want to check out the Hive blockchain. It is a social media that pays tokens for your posts, which you can then convert to crypto coins.

You can use my referral link https://ecency.com/signup?referral=netizen01 if you like.

Let me know if you do sign up, I will come by and lend some support. Or, if you have any problem understanding how it works, feel free to ask me.

No comments: