Wednesday 17 November 2021

Victims of the Pandemic

I was out at People’s Park Center, a complex in the vicinity of Chinatown, getting a new phone last Monday when I thought I would swing by Chinatown to have a look at how the place is doing.

I saw that the ‘Food Street” - a food place selling local favourites is now closed. But it didn’t come as too much of a surprise. They were already struggling before the pandemic, and the pandemic just drove the nail in the coffin.

I have dined and drank there with friends a few times. It was quite pleasant sitting out, dining and drinking with good company. It has a relaxed atmosphere. So it’s a shame that it had to close. Hopefully, someone or some organization will take over the place when the pandemic has settled down, and do a better job with the place.

This unfortunate Tea Café place is another victim of the pandemic. They couldn’t have opened at a worse time. I think they opened during the early days of the pandemic, when things were still not too bad and there were still no restrictions. And then the pandemic hit town. I empathize and feel sorry for the owner, whoever he or she is.

Looks like this building has been given a new coat of pain recently. I still do not know what goes on on the second, third and fourth level of the building.
All was quiet – in the shops as well as outside the street. Mostly due to the lack of tourists and also the restrictions on dining out. I think the rain also plays a part in keeping people away.
My friend and I were looking for a place to rest our legs and have a drink. The restaurant looked as good a place as any. There were only a dozen or so people in there. Plenty of tables and seats left. Their beers were on discount 1 pint for 1 pint. Well that worked out nicely. We had 2 pints each before we went on our way. That was a nice way to wrap up an evening of shopping, dinner, and a quick walk around Chinatown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

If you are a blogger and are interested in earning crypto coins, you might want to check out the Hive blockchain. It is a social media that pays tokens for your posts, which you can then convert to crypto coins.

You can use my referral link https://ecency.com/signup?referral=netizen01 if you like.

Let me know if you do sign up, I will come by and lend some support. Or, if you have any problem understanding how it works, feel free to ask me.

No comments: