Saturday 30 March 2024

Kalanchoe Plants

These Kalanchoe plants were in their prime when I got them. I have read somewhere that these plants are usually good for one bloom only. However, I didn’t discard them after their first bloom, and was rewarded with a second – albeit smaller bloom. After the second bloom, I still keep them to see what happens.

They were still growing new shoots and they seemed to be outgrowing the pot they came in. One day, I took them for a shower. I think I gave them too much water, because one of them proceeded to shed its leaves. The other one survived the shower but it was looking tired.

I do not know much about these plants. But from my recent experience, these plants seem like they are meant to be short-lived. They are meant to be ornamental plants in small pots, bloomed once, or twice and passed on.

However they were still growing new shoots which means they either need a bigger pot or the shoots need to be replanted. Based on these reasoning, I repotted one plant, and cut a shoot from the other to plant. I do not have high hopes. But, it will be interesting to see how both the new shoot and the old plant turned out. Will the new shoot grow to an adult plant? Will the re-potted plant grow into a bigger plant and bloom again? We shall see what happens from here.

Their second bloom. There were not as many flowers as the first bloom.

They were still thriving and growing new shoots.
One plant started shedding leaves while the other was looking a bit tired.
I cut a couple of shoots and replanted them and I also re-potted the other plant to see if I can revive it.

You can click on the picture for a better view.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: