Monday 25 March 2024

Paraprosdokians

“A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part. It is frequently used for humorous or dramatic effect, sometimes producing an anti-climax. For this reason, it is extremely popular among comedians and satirists.” - Wikipedia

“Some paraprosdokians not only change the meaning of an early phrase, but also play on the double meaning of a particular word, creating a syllepsis.” - Wikipedia

The husband who doesn’t tell his wife everything probably reasons that what she doesn’t know won’t hurt him. - Leo J. Burke

Sometimes I step outside and look up at the stars and think to myself … Damn I love pissing outside. - Unknown

You cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in. - Unknown

The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone else he can blame it on. - Robert Bloch

To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness. - Oscar Wilde

I didn’t find out what happiness means until I got married… and then it was too late. - Unknown

Always look on the bright side of life. Otherwise it’ll be too dark to read. - Unknown

I am not always right, but I am never wrong. - Unknown

Don't do drugs, because you will go to prison, and drugs are really expensive in prison. - John Harwick

Work is the greatest thing in the world, so we should always save some of it for tomorrow. - Don Herold

All women should know how to take care of children. Most of them will have a husband someday. - Franklin P. Jones

Never lend books, for no one ever returns them; the only books I have in my library are books that other folks have lent me. - Anatole France

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: