Friday 22 October 2021

Ferns

Ferns are common in the tropics. The weather here is suited to their growth. They don’t mind the sun, but they thrive best where there is some shade. They grow quickly in the wild and some people consider them invasive.
There are many varieties of ferns. Some of them look so similar at first glance. The bird nest ferns is the only fern that I know for sure. For the rest, I am never sure which is which, so I will not mislead you by trying to name them.

Ferns are mostly outdoor plants. But some varieties are also grown as houseplants. Their green, bushy, curvy and soft looks softens the atmosphere and add greenery to indoor spaces. Generally, they are hardy plants and need minimum maintenance. Just remember that they are outdoor plants and do not like temperatures that are too low.

The unique thing about ferns is that they reproduce via spores. They don’t have flowers and seeds.

These are called fiddleheads. They uncoiled and expand into fronds. They look like insect feelers.

Bird nest ferns

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

If you are a blogger and are interested in earning crypto coins, you might want to check out the Hive blockchain. It is a social media that pays tokens for your posts, which you can then convert to crypto coins.

You can use my referral link https://ecency.com/signup?referral=netizen01 if you like.

Let me know if you do sign up, I will come by and lend some support. Or, if you have any problem understanding how it works, feel free to ask me.

No comments: