Monday 16 January 2023

The Book Cafe

On my way to an art exhibition, I had a ‘Must eat, NOW’ moment. I think my body does not store spare energy. When the energy is depleted, I have to top up the energy immediately, or I will break into a cold sweat. It is inconvenient, to say the least.

It was not quite dinner time. So, I just want something simple, to keep me going until dinner. My friend who was with me suggested we try ‘The Book Cafe’.

The Book Cafe is one of those cashless outlets. It seems there are more and more of these around. You need to have a smartphone and some sort of credit card, or debit card to patronise the outlet. A smartphone to scan a QR code to look at the menu and then place your orders, and a credit/debit card to pay your bill.

I am not comfortable with that at all. My phone does not have data for scanning the code. And even if and when it sometimes has data, I have problems reading the menu on the little screen of my phone. Luckily, my friend was with me, and luckily I am one of those who ‘just order something for me’ type.

My friend suggested that we try their afternoon special – two scoops of Gelato with waffles. That sounded like just the thing I needed, so I went along with his suggestion. I was so desperate for food that it was after I finished the last bit on the plate that I realized I had forgotten to take pictures of the food.

Here are a couple of photos of the place and parts of their menu. Apparently, you can browse the books there while you have something to eat or drink. I think you can also borrow them. I didn’t find out, because it was a hurried visit to the cafe. I don’t think I would be passing this way in a long time, or maybe not at all.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: